See first hand, the results of science-based forest management used to manage our resources for today and for the future.
This is your opportunity to take part in sponsored tours of managed woodlands, operations, and mills, developed to provide information about the forest environment and its every day use, with plenty of resources to take back to your classroom.
Who is it for? Teachers and guidance counsellors from the Atlantic provinces
What is it? Dynamic and interactive activities given by forest professionals
When/Where is it? August 8 - 11, 2016 in Miramichi, NB
- To enjoy relevant and interactive experiences in the forest in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere;
- To gain insights into forests, forest ecosystems, tree identification, wildlife, soils, and so many other natural resources;
- To understand the various aspects of today's forest sector and its aim to balance societal, economic and environmental benefits;
- To obtain information and education resource materials to enhance the teaching of science, geography, environmental studies, etc.;
- To learn about sound forestry practices, woodland operations, the science behind forest management, and resource management planning
- To get a first-hand look at the technology and equipment used in forests and mills, and the efforts made to protect water quality and wildlife habitats;
- To explore the many future career opportunities available to young people
CLICK HERE for a printable flyer
What does it cost educators to attend
Interested forestry companies and organizations cover all costs to educators. If your company or organization would like to sponsor a teacher CLICK HERE
Thanks to the following companies and organizations who provided their generous support for the 2015 Tour.
Association of Registered Professional Foresters of NB
Atlantic Land Improvement Contractors Association
Canadian Forest Service
Canadian Institute of Forestry - NS Section
Canadian Woodlands Forum
Coop Travailleurs Forestiers McKendrick Ltee
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper
Delco Forest Products Ltd.
District scolaire francophone Nord-Est
Elmsdale Lumber Co. Ltd.
Engage Agro Corporation
Forest Products Association of NS
Forestry Safety Society of NS
Four Best Management Inc.
Groupe Savoie Inc.
H.C. Haynes Inc.
Harry Freeman & Son Ltd.
J. Frank Gaudet Tree Nursery
J.D. Irving Ltd.
Louisiana Pacific Canada Ltd.
Maritime College of Forest Technology
Maritime Lumber Bureau
Maritime SFI Implementation Committee
Maxime Bergeron Entreprises Inc.
Ministère de l'éducation du N.-B.
Multi Trans Forest Service
NB Department of Natural Resources
NL Forestry and Agrifoods Agency, Forestry Services
Northern Pulp Nova Scotia Corporation
Nova Scotia Forestry Association
Nova Scotia Power Inc.
NS Dept. Of Natural Resources
PEI Dept. Department of Community Lands & Environment
Port Hawkesbury Paper
Registered Professional Foresters Association of NS
Scotia Atlantic Biomass
UNB - Faculty of Forestry & Environmental Management
Universitè Moncton, campus d'Edmundston
Wagner Forest NS Ltd.
Wood Product Manufacturers Association of NS