See first hand, the results of science-based forest management used to manage our resources for today and for the future.
This is your opportunity to take part in sponsored tours of managed woodlands, operations, and mills, developed to provide information about the forest environment and its every day use, with plenty of resources to take back to your classroom.
Who is it for? Teachers and guidance counsellors from the Atlantic provinces
What is it? Dynamic and interactive activities given by forest professionals
When/Where is it? July 31 - August 3, 2017, Holiday Inn, Truro, NS
- To enjoy relevant and interactive experiences in the forest in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere;
- To gain insights into forests, forest ecosystems, tree identification, wildlife, soils, and so many other natural resources;
- To understand the various aspects of today's forest sector and its aim to balance societal, economic and environmental benefits;
- To obtain information and education resource materials to enhance the teaching of science, geography, environmental studies, etc.;
- To learn about sound forestry practices, woodland operations, the science behind forest management, and resource management planning
- To get a first-hand look at the technology and equipment used in forests and mills, and the efforts made to protect water quality and wildlife habitats;
- To explore the many future career opportunities available to young people
CLICK HERE for a printable flyer
What does it cost educators to attend
Interested forestry companies and organizations cover all costs to educators. If your company or organization would like to sponsor a teacher CLICK HERE
Thanks to the following companies and organizations who provided their generous support for the 2016 Tour.
Association for Sustainable Forestry
Association of Registered Professional Foresters of NB
Atlantic Land Improvement Contractors Association
AV Group NB Inc.
Canadian Forest Service
Collège de technologie forestière des Maritimes
Corner Brook Pulp & Paper Ltd.
Delco Forest Products Ltd.
District Scolaire Franc NE
Elmsdale Lumber Company
Érablière Denis Côté inc.
Forest Nova Scotia Inc.
Forest Protection Limited
Forestry Safety Society of NS
Four Best Management Inc.
Groupe Savoie Inc.
H.C. Haynes Inc.
Harry Freeman & Son Ltd.
J. Frank Gaudet Tree Nursery
J.D. Irving, Limited
Louisiana - Pacific Canada Ltd.
Maritime College of Forest Technology
Maritime Lumber Bureau
Maritime SFI Implementation Committee
Maxime Bergeron Entreprises Inc.
MDM Entreprise Ltée
Ministère de l'éducation du N.-B.
Multi Trans Forest Service
NB Dept. of Natural Resources
NB Forest Technicians Association
NL Forestry and Agrifoods Agency
North Shore Forest Product Marketing Board
Northern Pulp Nova Scotia Corporation
Nova Scotia Power
NS Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
NS Dept. Of Natural Resources
PEI Dept. of Community Lands & Environment
Port Hawkesbury Paper
Registered Professionals Foresters of NS
Service Canadien des Forêts
Twin Rivers Paper Company
UNB - Faculty of Forestry & Environmental Management
Université de Moncton, campus d'Edmundston
Wagner Forest NS Ltd.
Wood Products Manufacturing Assoc. of NS