2021 Atlantic Teachers’ Tour
August 16 – 19, 2021
Registration Deadline – June 30, 2021
The ‘Virtual Edition’ of the Forests Worth Knowing, Atlantic Teachers Tour, is a unique Professional Development opportunity for Teachers and Guidance/Career Counselors to learn about forests and the people who work in the forestry sector everyday.
Although the tour will look a little different this year as it will be held virtually, the schedule will be filled with interactive activities, virtual site tours, engaging guest presentations offering broad perspectives on everything from ecosystems, forest products, career options, forest sciences, and economics and much more.
We will also introduce the new Outreach Program that will include a collection of forestry related resources you can take back to the classroom.
Free for teachers; tour costs are covered by our sponsors. We only ask for your time and input.
- To gain insights into forests, forest ecosystems, tree identification, wildlife, soils, and so many other natural resources;
- To understand the various aspects of today’s forest sector and its aim to balance societal, economic and environmental benefits;
- To obtain information and education resource materials to enhance the teaching of science, geography, environmental studies, etc.;
- To learn about sound forestry practices, woodland operations, the science behind forest management, and resource management planning;
- To get a first-hand look at the technology and equipment used in forests and mills, and the efforts made to protect water quality and wildlife habitats;
- To explore the many future career opportunities available to young people.
CLICK HERE for a Teachers’ Tour information flyer and
be sure to pass it along!
What does it cost educators to attend? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Interested forestry companies and organizations
cover all costs to educators.
|If your company or organization would
like to sponsor a teacher CLICK HERE
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us!