Regretfully, the 2021 Virtual Atlantic Teachers’ Tour has been cancelled. Work on the 2021 Outreach Program will continue with a launch this Fall. Details will be available soon. The “in-person” Atlantic Teachers’ Tour is scheduled for August 2022.
Objectives of the Atlantic Teachers’ Tour:
- To gain insights into forests, forest ecosystems, tree identification, wildlife, soils, and so many other natural resources;
- To understand the various aspects of today’s forest sector and its aim to balance societal, economic and environmental benefits;
- To obtain information and education resource materials to enhance the teaching of science, geography, environmental studies, etc.;
- To learn about sound forestry practices, woodland operations, the science behind forest management, and resource management planning;
- To get a first-hand look at the technology and equipment used in forests and mills, and the efforts made to protect water quality and wildlife habitats;
- To explore the many future career opportunities available to young people.
CLICK HERE for a Teachers’ Tour information flyer and
be sure to pass it along!
What does it cost educators to attend? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Interested forestry companies and organizations
cover all costs to educators.
|If your company or organization would
like to sponsor a teacher CLICK HERE
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us!