See first hand, the results of science-based forest management used to manage our resources for today and for the future.
This is your opportunity to take part in sponsored tours of managed woodlands, operations, and mills, developed to provide information about the forest environment and its every day use, with plenty of resources to take back to your classroom.
Who is it for? Teachers and guidance from the Atlantic provinces
What is it? Dynamic and interactive activities given by forest professionals
When/Where is it? August 10 – 13, 2020 • Fredericton, NB
- To enjoy relevant and interactive experiences in the forest in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere;
- To gain insights into forests, forest ecosystems, tree identification, wildlife, soils, and so many other natural resources;
- To understand the various aspects of today’s forest sector and its aim to balance societal, economic and environmental benefits;
- To obtain information and education resource materials to enhance the teaching of science, geography, environmental studies, etc.;
- To learn about sound forestry practices, woodland operations, the science behind forest management, and resource management planning;
- To get a first-hand look at the technology and equipment used in forests and mills, and the efforts made to protect water quality and wildlife habitats;
- To explore the many future career opportunities available to young people.
CLICK HERE for a Teachers’ Tour information flyer
What does it cost educators to attend? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Interested forestry companies and organizations cover all costs to educators. If your company or organization would like to sponsor a teacher CLICK HERE
Thanks to the following companies and organizations who provided their generous support for the 2018 Tour.
Association for Sustainable Forestry
Association of Registered Professional Foresters of NB
Atlantic Land Improvement Contractors Association
AV Group NB Inc.
BioApplied Innovation Pathways
Canadian Forest Service
Canadian Woodlands Forum
CIF – NL Section
Corner Brook Pulp & Paper Ltd.
Elmsdale Lumber Company
Faculty of Forestry & Environmental Management, UNB
Forest Nova Scotia Inc.
Forest Protection Limited
Forestry Safety Society of NS
Groupe Savoie Inc.
Harry Freeman & Sons Ltd.
H.C. Haynes Inc.
J.D. Irving, Limited
J. Frank Gaudet Tree Nursery
Louisiana – Pacific Canada Ltd.
Maritime College of Forest Technology
Maritime Lumber Bureau
Maritime SFI Implementation Committee
NB Dept. of Energy & Resource Development
NB Forest Technicians Association
NL Department Fisheries & Land Resources
Northern Pulp Nova Scotia Corporation
NS Department of Lands and Forestry
PEI Department of Community Lands & Environment
Port Hawkesbury Paper
Université de Moncton, campus d’Edmundston
Wagner Forest NS Ltd.
Woodland Pulp LLC
Wood Products Manufacturing Association of NS
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!